Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Monday... What Are You Reading?

Here we are.... another Monday!  This means it's time for my weekly recap of last week's reading and a forecast of my reading plan for the week.  If you'd like to see what other bloggers are reading, head on over to Teach Mentor Texts and follow the links!


What I read last week:

  • 20.  The Implosion of Aggie Winchester by Lara Zielin (finished 1/31)  Really good story about a girl finding her place.
  • 21.  Brother/Sister by Sean Olin (finished 2/2)  Creepy city!
  • 22.  The Trouble With Half a Moon by Danette Vigilante (finished 2/3) Enjoyable story about a girl working through grief.
  • 23.  Karma by Cathy Ostlere (finished 2/4) Excellent novel in verse set against the backdrop of India in the days following Indira Ghandi's assassination.


What I'll read this week:
  • Finish Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
  • Read Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf by Curtis Jobling
  • Read Luminous by Dawn Metcalf


If I get time, I'll read at least one of the memoirs we're considering adding to our book wall for the memoir genre study.  

What are YOU reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. MIndi - you are one reading machine! And I don't know if I told you or not, but I LOVED the Rebecca Caudill list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. Hadn't heard of any of those. Any must reads? Most sound really good! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karma looks like it would be a good read. I haven't read too many books in verse lately and I'm so in the mood. I have Inside Out and Back Again on my radar, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New books for my list - I am really intrigued by Karma, being from India myself, this sounds like a must read for me.

    ReplyDelete