Here's what I've read this week:
83. Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger (finished 5/22) Funny story about a boy with plans to take over the world and the two kids who try to stop him.
84. Stick by Andrew Smith (finished 5/24) Haunting story of two brothers, abused by their parents, who search for a safe harbor.
85. Long Story Short by Siobhan Parkinson (finished 5/25) Another story of child abuse, this one set in Ireland.
86. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate (finished 5/26) Touching story of a silverback gorilla who lives in a shopping-mall circus. Based on a real animal.
87. Breaking Stalin's Nose by Eugene Velchin (finished 5/27) Newberry honor winner for 2011. Story of a boy whose devotion to Josef Stalin is shattered over the course of two days.
This week I plan to:
- finish The Survival Kit
- read The Berlin Boxing Club
- read Girl of Fire and Thorns.
Of course, I also have a couple of papers to write for my grad class and I need to begin packing up my classroom, deciding what to leave for the teacher that will be taking my current position, what will move to the new literacy office, and what will go into storage (in case I decide I don't like this coaching gig and ask to return to the classroom).
Want to know what others have been reading this week? Hop on over to visit Kellee and Jen and click on the links!