Since I forgot to post last week, I'm going to share my reading for the past TWO weeks. Here goes:
30. The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde (finished 2/18/13) Interesting fantasy set in a slightly future Britain. Involves dragons and swords. 'Nuff said.
31. Sons of the 613 by Michael Rubens (finished 2/19/13) Funny and sad story of two brothers one struggling with bullying and growing up, the other struggling to find his place. Highly recommend this one for oler readers.
32. Ladies in Waiting by Laura Sullivan (finished 2/21/13) Strange historical fiction. I love books with girls in itchy dresses, but this one was WEIRD!
33. Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler (finished 2/21/13) Second book in a series about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
34. Ichiro by Ryan Inzana (finished 2/23/13) Graphic novel about a Japanese American boy who goes to visit his grandfather in Japan and learns about his history. Bit of a fantasy as well. Quite good.
35. Son by Lois Lowry (finished 2/24/13) The close of The Giver quartet. I wanted to love it, but it fell short. Ended up giving it 4 stars.
This week I have several books to read for my next Walden Award deadline as well as two "grown-up books" that I have from the library, including the new (and sadly, final) Maeve Binchy.
In addition to my reading, I have a preso on digital writing tools that I need to prepare for a conference on Friday and two presos for my grad class on Saturday! I'm going to be one busy girl!
What are YOU reading this week?