This week was a fairly good reading week, in spite of being busy around my house. School is in full swing with homework, projects, tests to study for, and dance rehearsal, cross-country practice, and violin/percussion practice. We certainly are never bored.
The weather is also finally such that I could pull my summer clothes out of my closet and replace them with the warm hues and cozy fleece and wool of my fall/winter wardrobe. Though I'm not looking forward to below-zero temps, I like being able to have new(ish) choices of clothes to wear to school. I get bored quickly with my clothes, and "shopping my closet" is much cheaper than a trip to Macy's!
Between shopping with my girls for dresses and making yummy pie desserts, I did manage to get some books read. Here are this week's titles:
- 146. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (finished 9/30) WWII Historical Fiction; companion to Code Name Verity
- 147. Wake Up Missing by Kate Messner (finished 10/3) Great middle grade scientific mystery
- 148. VIII by H.M. Castor (finished 10/6) The story of the young King Henry VIII. A great read.
My plan for this week:
- Finish What We Found In the Sofa and How It Changed the World
- Play to-be-read pile lotto.
So how is your early fall reading going? Loving anything lately?
Check out what others are reading by visiting Teach Mentor Texts or Unleashing Readers and click on the links. Be sure to share your titles, too!