Monday, December 9, 2013

It's Monday... Been a long time edition!


So it's Monday again... and it's December.  Where has this year gone?  Time definitely seems to be speeding up with each year that passes.  Or perhaps it's that my life just gets busier and busier as my kids get older.  

I've not been good with keeping up with my Monday posts simply because I often feel too overwhelmed with my life to sit down and take fifteen minutes to write these blog posts.  That's a shame, because that kind of stress and busy-ness is not good for my health.  I have to remember that it's important to slow down and take it easy and do something for me every day.

So here's what I've read in the past week:
181.  Scaffolding Young Writers by Linda Dorn and Carla Soffos (finished 12/3) Professional reading about teaching young writers.
182.  Apprenticeship in Literacy by Linda Dorn and Tammy Jones (finished 12/3) Professional reading on early literacy 
183.  Absent by Katie Williams (finished 12/3) A different kind of ghost story
184.  Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to NOT Reading by Tommy Greenwald (finished 12/4) Middle grade wimpy-kid wannabe.  There's a reason I didn't blog about this one.
185.  Breathing Room by Marsh Hayles (finished 12/6) Lovely story about a girl in a TB sanatorium in the 1940s.
186.  Dark Witch by Nora Roberts (finished 12/8) Adult romance (my guilty pleasure)


This week I plan to:

  • Read Hammer of Witches by Shana Mlawski
  • Finish Liar, Liar by Gary Paulsen
  • Read Summer of the Gypsy Moths by Sara Pennypacker
  • Participate in three skype visits (one for each grade level) with the awesome Kate Messner on Friday.
So what have you been reading?  Be sure to head over to TeachMentorTexts or Unleashing Readers and link your lis!

4 comments:

  1. Agreed about the slowing down - sometimes it seems impossible. Seems though you do get lots of reading in which is good for the soul! :-) Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year seems to be the busiest, no matter how much we try to slow things down! At least you're still finidng lots of time to read.

    Enjoy those Skype visits with Kate. I'm sure they'll be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list-I'll look for Breathing Room and some of the others. Thanks Mindi--it is a busy, busy time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Mindi, I used to enjoy reading Nora Roberts when I was a college undergraduate. Glad to see new novels from her. Dark Witch sounds really intriguing. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete